Harding Truck Trail
Harding Truck Trail, also known as 5S08, starts at Modjeska Creek at the base of the Santa Ana Mountains in the Cleveland National Forest. It winds up Harding Canyon towards Main Divide Road. As of October, 2006, this trail is closed. Please check with Cleveland National Forest rangers to see if it is open.
From Highway 55 in northern Orange County, take Chapman Ave. east about 5 miles where it turns into Santiago Canyon Road. Follow Santiago Canyon Road (south) for about 10 miles and make a left onto Modjeska Canyon Road. Veer left at the intersection with Modjeska Grade road to remain on Modjeska Canyon Road. Take Modjeska Canyon Road about 3/4 of a mile, where it intersects with Harding Canyon Road ( a dead end ), and veer right at this intersection to remain on Modjeska Canyon Road. Pass the fire station on the left and in a hundred yards or so you will see parking on the right for the Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary. Park here if space permits or park in the small gravel lot just beyond the Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary parking.
Maps and GPS Coordinates
Harding Truck Trail Coordinates: 33.710390° -117.618860°
- Satellite image from Google Maps, Windows Live Local, WikiMapia
- Street map from Google Maps, or Yahoo! Maps, or Windows Live Local
- Topographic map from TopoZone
- Aerial image or topographic map from TerraServer-USA
- Find nearby Geocaching locations
- Find this location with Google Earth